Saturday, January 3, 2015

Can I Vent or Nah?


When I first decided I needed to do a post on venting, it was sometime last year and I never got around to publishing it. Now, as the New Year unfolds, this is the perfect time. Last year, 2014, I vented and vented and vented and vented and vented. I am so tired of venting! It's crazy because all the while I was venting it felt so compulsory like something I just needed to do. As I look back on all that venting all I see is a ton of energy wasted and sent in the wrong direction. I see a bunch of missed opportunities to turn my experiences into something powerful and rewarding instead of allowing some person, place or thing hijack my mind, body & spirit with their bullshit.

So instead of doing a long drawn out post on why we vent & why we shouldn't, I'll just leave it at this: I am tired of giving my energy away, my focus away, my power away and my time away by venting endlessly about dumb shit. I am so thankful to have had Sisters (and Brothers) in my life that cared enough to listen and always had an ear to lend, but truth be told I burnt them out also and sometimes they would need to take a small break from talking with me because they were tired of my venting.

So New Year = Better Intentions. I'm tired of venting. This year I plan to spend much more time, writing, creating, reading, being silent, meditating or exercising as a way to transmute my frustrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious Intellectuals Comment Here